Sunday 15 July 2012

Life/Tattoos

Definitely feeling better about stuff right now. Some drama has gone down. Arguments with friends and no longer being a bridesmaid but there we go. I wanted to write about something that makes me happy; my tattoos. I can't help it, but I actually adore tattoos. They are just gorgeous, beautiful art that stay with you for the whole of your life. It wouldn't surprise me if I ended up with loads all over my body. I love them that much. At the moment I have 6 and I just wanted to express some happiness love on my blog as I don't think I have for a little while.

1. My first ever tattoo was not long after I turned 18 and was legally able to get one. It was a heart/butterfly/musical note which was inspired by my love of my favourite band at the time. (Kill Hannah). I don't dislike them, in fact I still love them. But the tattoo itself just seems lost now. It's a small one, probably no bigger than a 50p. I was 18 and wanted something, but now amongst all my other ones it just looks a bit out of place.

2. My second tattoo was 3 stars on my right wrist. This has now been extended. Some of the stars have either been coloured in or shaded. It's now extended out so I have 9 stars in total. This got extended out after I had my 4th tattoo.

3. Two cat paws on my inner left arm. Which again got extended out so that there are now 4. This was to show my love of my cats and is in fact (so far) the most commented on tattoo I have. But maybe if they saw my last tattoo they would question that. I find it quirky and loveable. Our cats always walk all over us. Especially when we're all asleep. I love cats and hope that I am always able to have a cat.

4. Cherry blossom on my right arm. It was to represent strength and family. It came after my break up with an ex. It symbolised strength to me and that I would never be alone. It was a more of a representation of my mum and family, but didn't want to have my mum's name tattooed on me. It is something personal to me and something that I love. Plus, it's pin and very cute.

5. Lady Gaga lyrics on my ankle. 'Freedom in the music'. I LOVE gaga. I actually do, but the lyrics aren't just because of my love of her. This is probably one of the biggest representations of me. Ever since I was 13/14 I have used music to get through life.When I feel sad or happy I always want to play music. I just love it. It is something I believe in and I do always feel free when I listen to it.

6. My biggest tattoo so far. Is on my back on my left shoulder. It is a portrait of my Gran who died when I was 3. I have her name and dates tattooed around the picture. She is beautiful and is a character who I was unable to meet and remember. If I can be like anyone in the world it would be her. She put up with so much in my family and she still was able to stay strong. I feel like I was robbed of her, but now I feel like she is always going to be with me. She is always going to be there when I need some-one and to look out for me. She will be there when I get married and have my kids and so on. She is now a part of my life that I can remember.

So thats what I have so far. I'm getting my first tattoo covered in a couple of weeks and I can't wait. It's going to be quite big but I'm excited. There are two more that I want after this and then I don't really know. See if I have any more ideas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment